STUDENT JOB OPENING
Technology and Virtual Learning Student Intern
Cumberland Public Libraries
Amherst, Nova Scotia
Requirements (based on grant agencies):
– have been accepted to a post-secondary program (letter of acceptance or transcript required)
– have been a full-time student in the semester preceding the job
– be a permanent resident of Nova Scotia or resided in the province for at least 6 months prior to the work term
– be legally entitled to work in Canada
– be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
– be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment
Technology and Virtual Learning
– Works on virtual programming
– Creates tutorials for website and social media
– Review and update previously created training materials in order to ensure they are relevant
– Create handouts and cheat sheets for tablets, laptops, mobile devices, software, etc.
– Update and maintain library website
– Update and maintain social media
– Design newsletter template
– Create promotional materials (Flyers, posters, online ads, etc.)
– Works assigned circulation desk shifts
– May be assigned other duties and projects as required which may supersede regular tasks.
– Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
– May be required to work from home for some hours.
September 15 – December 19, 2020 (14 weeks)
Working Tuesday to Saturday
Send cover letter and resume with three references including their email addresses and phone numbers to:
Denise Corey, Chief Librarian
Cumberland Regional Library
PO Box 220
Amherst, NS B4H 3Z2
Fax: (902) 667-1360
Closing date for this competition is September 1, 2020.
We thank all who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.